- This event has passed.
Monte Carlo Mixed Doubles Team Event
January 30, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$25
Paddle, Women, Men, Wine, Beer, and Gambling
Join us on Sunday January 30th at the Essex Paddle Tennis Club for an all levels required, Monte Carlo Team format Mixed doubles paddle tennis event.
What is a Monte Carlo format and why should you sign up?
• 16 Women and 16 Men are blind drafted into 4 Monte Carlo teams
• Each team is comprised of 4 mixed doubles teams (8 people per team)
• Each team has 4 levels of mixed doubles team, ranked by ability 1-4
• 4 teams play each other with each level playing the corresponding level of the other team. The 1’s play each other, the 2’s the 3’s and 4’s. So games are all competitive, fair, and FUN!
• Matches are a total of 10 games.
• The winning team is the team that wins the most games (not matches) so every game at every level is equally important.
• Matches will start at 9:am on Sunday January 30th and the event will be completed by 3:pm unless you decide to hang out and celebrate your winnings. (will explain that shortly)
• Is one of the few times women and men of all levels get to play together have fun and earn some bragging rights.
• $25.00 Entry fee to cover, coffee, lunch and hydration.
Did you say Gambling?
• On Saturday January 29th at 6:00 there will be a cocktail party hosted by EPTC AT the Club where the teams will be unveiled and an auction held to purchase the teams.
• Teams typically buy themselves but anyone can buy any team.
• The funds from the teams purchases become the prize money for the winning and runner up teams.
• 75% for the winning team and 25% for the runner up.
How do you sign up?
• Click the LINK in the EMAIL that was sent out! OR HERE! Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday January 30th for the team auction
- January 30, 2022
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Mixed, Social, Tournaments
- Essex Platform Tennis Club
112 Westbrook Road
Essex, CT 06426 United States + Google Map
- View Venue Website