Women’s 2016 Shoreline PCQ
Here are the results from the Shoreline PCQ:
- Winners: Jen Demsey-Roopali Hall Finalists: Shelley Morse-Amy Hutter 7-5, 6-2
- Quarter Reprieve Winners: Sarah Layton-Paula Fazli Finalists: Gigi Fernandez-Mary O’Mahony. 6-2, 6-2
- 16 Reprieve Winners: Heather Mahan-Lynn House Finalists: Karen McNamara-Shana Roberts 7-5, 7-6 (7-4)
- 16 Reprieve Consolations Winners: Cecelia Bowers-Mary Truslow Finalists: Kathy Kulig- Eugenia Warner 6-2, 6-1
- Consolation Winners: Hilary Meyers-Trish Bloom Finalists: Jen Bauman-Kate McGetrick 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
- Last Chance: Kitty Palmer-Megan McMahon Finalists: Leslie Haskins-Trish Griggs 6-4, 6-2
Great weather, fantastic paddle, good food and fun. Unfortunately the second seeded team of Mary Gambale and Lindsay Herschel had to drop out half way through their quarter final match due to an injury but the finals was an amazing match with the underdogs taking the win! I am attaching some pictures, too.
We honored Kitty Palmer for running the tournament for over 30 years with a plaque from the APTA presented to her by Court Pro President and former APTA President, Rob Coster.